Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: hurrah for digital

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    http://www.tomshardware.com/technews/index.html#0011

    Now we have flatscreen TV that you can hang on your wall, it's only a matter of time before we all wear silver suits and have flying cars. And houses on stilts.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Houses on stilts?

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Digital stilts naturally! biggrin



    ------------------
    The future is here:-
    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

  4. #4
    Inactive Member piratze's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heeeee.....yes please

    *dreams of a digital world*


  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computi....ap/index.html

    never heard of the film though. Bt it *was* transmitted by satellite for projection. Cool.

  6. #6
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I still prefer film though ;-)

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I prefer film over video.

    I reserve my judgement for whether I will prefer digital projection over film projection 'til I've actually seen some :-)

    It's progress, innit.

    Talking of progress why the hell can't we cultivate meat rather than mince up a living, breathing animal life. There's a single processing plant in America which gets through 16,000 cows a day. I find it difficult even imagining that number of cows in one place, let alone travelling down the conveyor to death....

    sorry, digression.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Keviano's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2000
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah right on Miker! In this digital age you'd expect less suffering, and some subsitute for geletin on film stock. I blame the government...

    Keviano
    ReelRaine Films

    [This message has been edited by Keviano (edited November 21, 2000).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member danielj's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2000
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Miker, I live on a farm and you wouldn't believe some the things that go on. Let's just say that no horror movie or "video nasty" will ever bother me again. I don't eat meat anymore or even drink cows milk.

  10. #10
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Do you know how many CFC's get released into the atmosphere during the manufacture of a digital circuit board?

    Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •